Join our team
Part-Time Grief & Bereavement Support
Providing grief counselling to individuals, children and families and supporting palliative clients and their families. Involves one on one counselling work as well as providing group therapy. Must be comfortable and proficient at providing counselling to all ages and groups
Position calls for 16-24 hours a week with flexibility as to time and days offered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Individual counselling for palliative and bereaved clients
• Development and facilitation of grief support groups
• Working in tandem with fellow social workers, counsellors, staff and volunteers to provide comprehensive services
• Assistance with creating and facilitating events and training programs for the Hospice Society and Greater Surrey Community
• Confidential record keeping and statistics
• Comfortable with on-site work at Laurel Place Hospice, and Surrey Memorial Hospital
Work Experience and Requirements:
• MUST Be registered with the British Columbia College of Social Workers or Registered with BCACC or equivalent body and preferably have 5+ years of experience
• Experience/specific training in End of Life Care, Palliative and Hospice Services
• Experience/specific training in Sudden Loss and Trauma
• Masters Level education
• Must carry independent liability insurance
• Must be comfortable working independently and not need on-going supervision as none will be provided.
• Be able to work effectively alone and as part of a team
• Experience/specific training working with children, teens and families preferred
• Background/Experience/specific training in any or all of the following: Play Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Mindfulness
• Proficiency in more than one language an asset.
• Salary range: $38-$48/hr (Employer Est.)
• Full benefits package if contracted for over 20 hours per week
• Fully flexible as to location and hours of work a hybrid of in-person and online options are available
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. This posting will be removed after that.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please